*

*

Urban meets Country






I recently saw a pin stripe two piece in American Apparel which inspired me to find and create my own pinstripe outfit. I managed to find some pinstripe dungarees today in a seconds shop for £6! I was intending to try and find some trousers but I think the dungarees compliment my style much more! I love that they combine and contrast the conservative associations of pinstripes with a garment originally used as robust work clothes.

I decided to team them with a simple black polo neck (£3, charity shop) and my fluffy lilac earrings to give the outfit a pop of colour and dissociate my pinstripe outfit from a traditional workplace look. The necklace (£2) also caught my eye at the seconds shop and I had to have it! It reminds me of the the industrial style of some of the necklaces in Urban Outfitters at the moment. 

No comments :

Post a Comment