*

*

Mesh and Monochrome





Since moving to Manchester me and my housemate have discovered that Cheadle is our new charity shop haven! My favourite purchase had to be a red mesh top which reminded me of Skin's outfit on her album cover featured above. I love her chic grungey style (If only I could find something to make my vocals resemble hers too!)


This vibrant cherry red colour was featured in Zac Posen and Donna Karan's collections at New York fashion week. I would usually associate red with winter months because its festive connotations. However, I love the collaboration of this statement cherry red with these spring/summer designs. It definitely gives them a sultry edge.

As well as being in love with the eye catching colour of this top, I love the fact that the sleeves are mesh bell sleeves. Such an fantastic combination of 70's and 90's, a nod to two decades with one top! I've teamed it with a monochrome zebra skirt that I bought a while ago but am still absolutely obsessed with (It's been previously featured on my Tumblr). And finally accessorised with a clashing fluffy purple bag for added vibrance! And here it is...



Top: Charity shop (£4)
Skirt: Charity shop (£3)
Bag: Charity shop (£1)
Shoes: Topshop (£15)


No comments :

Post a Comment