*

*

That 70's Style






Since the 70's are back I rummaged through my stockpiled clothes to make these recycled looks. From left to right:

The long black shirt (£5) is a charity shop find. I altered it by changing the buttons and removing the sleeves. I tied a black crochet scarf (£1) that I also found in a charity shop around the waist to get that fitted 70's shape. I've accessorised with a couple of cross necklaces and my substitute for a fedora hat, which of course is also second hand (£5). 

The black crochet dress is something else I've had lying around that I bought impulsively when it was in the sale. I realised I didn't particularly like the shape on me or the fact that the dress was originally lined because you could not full appreciate the crochet pattern. I resolved both these issues by cutting the lining out and now I love what a statement piece it is! 

Off the shoulder tops have always reminded me of bad Sandy from Grease... Not the one that I want. So I have tried to be more boho than disco! The floral skirt is something else that I bought in the sale and have been hanging onto (I love recycling!) I've kept the look very minimalist and accessorised with a simple crochet bag that I found in a charity shop a couple of weeks ago (£1.99). I felt very 'boho gypsy' in this outfit so it's very fitting that the camera caught my skirt blowing in the wind. 


No comments :

Post a Comment